- Moved into Preston studio.
- Launched Australian Photographic Academy (Aus Photo Academy) (2014-present)
- Relocated to Melbourne Australia (2012-present)
- Foto Freo 2010 Workshops Committee – Joint Chair
- Presented successive “sold-out” Fine Art of the Nude photography workshops in support of FotoFreo 2010
- Relocated to Konstanz Germany (2010-2012)
- Solo exhibition titled “Unadorned” as part of the FotoFreo 2008 Festival Fringe
- Published first book of art nude titled Restrained to Released – A Personal Journey
- Enrolled Bachelor Communications (Photomedia) at Edith Cowan University (2000-2002)
- Launched Up On High Studios in Fremantle (2000-2010)
- Relocated to Fremantle WA (1999-2010)
- Launched Bundaberg Graphic Image Studios in the historic 700 m² Bundaberg Brewed Drinks Soft Drink Factory (formerly Electra Breweries) in Electra St Bundaberg (1994-1999). Bundaberg Graphic Image Studios boasted a well equiped 500 m² commercial photo studio floor as well as in-house E6 and black and white film processing and printing, in-house graphic design, desk top publishing, pre-press and short run colour printing.
A collection of Press, commercial and advertising images spanning years 1988-1998
- Video camera-operator for Video Highlight Productions – wedding and commercial productions (1990-1994)
- Channel 7 camera operator (1990-1994)
- Began working with the Coastline Newspaper Group (1989-1999)
- Graduated with Associate Diploma of Applied Photography (1987-1989)
- Won Olympus Vision Age International Photo Contest in Japan from 13,700 entrants globally.
- Had first images published.
- Registered and initiated Brett Dorron Photography in Queensland Australia
- Became contract photographer for APN owned Bundaberg News Mail, Drum Newspaper and later, The Guardian Newspaper (1988-1996)
- Purchased first SLR and discovered interest
- Enrolled in: Associate Diploma of Applied Photography (1987-1989)
- Interests in photography persisted through various forms and cameras throughout school years, and by age 17, was bestowed with the nickname Tommy, short for Tommy Tourist, a tongue-in-cheek reference to stereotypical Japanese tourists, and the claim that I never went anywhere without a camera. Years later I was to realise that I had been the documenter of several of my groups of friends.
- First awareness of interest in photography began with an introduction to concepts of low-light, time-exposure, astro, star-trail and night time photography during a sixth year school project at ten years of age. Borrowed the family Box Brownie and did chores and odd jobs to afford film and processing.
- Born feet first at Lady Chelmsford Hospital Bundaberg, Qld Australia